On March 24th, 2019, the Princess Anne Courthouse Volunteer Rescue Squad held an Appreciation Day at the Virginia Beach Department of EMS Headquarters, located on Virginia Beach Blvd next door to the Virginia Beach Central Library.
Courthouse volunteers provided public tours of their emergency vehicles, taught, “Hands Only CPR” & “Stop The Bleed” training to the community.
Lunch was provided by #1 wing spot, Lendys Cafe & ever awesome cupcakes from Twisted Sister’s Cupcakes to the EMS volunteers, EMS career staff and our biggest supporters-The #VirginiaBeach “Community!”
A little information about the Courthouse Volunteers:
- The Princess Anne Courthouse Volunteer Fire & Rescue Squad organized in 1947, providing fire and ambulance service to Princess Anne County and continued volunteer fire and rescue service when the County voted to be part of the City of Virginia Beach.
- In the 1970’s, the City began phasing in career firefighters while EMS continued to be provided by volunteers.
- Today, Rescue 5’s first response area covers a huge portion on the south-side of the city and they respond from two stations. Station 5 located at the Courthouse Complex and Station 21 located in the Strawbridge section of the City.
- Courthouse volunteers respond across the city to well over 3,000 EMS 911 calls a year for help.
- A few years ago, the Squad began transitioning from a traditional white ambulance to a beautiful dark blue color scheme with gold lettering.
Did you know that EMT training is free when you join the Volunteer Rescue Squads of Virginia Beach?
A new EMT class starts every other month and is offered as a combination of online instructions and evening workshops.
Start your journey today at Lives Need Saving and click on the join us link.Adidas Shoes